Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Home Revamp 2014

My house recently underwent a major makeover - no more wooden furnitures. We are into walnut colour and leather material these days. Dad and mum are very happy with the outcome and glad that after so long, we (my brothers and I) are finally able to help out with giving our house a fresh new look.

I have been wanting to revamp my room for the longest time, giving myself more storage space for all the "so not frequently used" things. In the month of April and May, I happily declare myself - broke! Spent a bomb on my tiny weeny room & parts of it on the house (well it may be cheap to others, but certainly took us awhile to save up), but im satisfied with the outcome. =D

During the revamp, I also counted the no. of years we have been using the furnitures. The oldest furnitures were almost 20 years old! My goodness. But one thing i have to say is.... we really did a good job in protecting the furnitures. They did not look that "old", just that some of it are falling apart.

The irony thing is.. when we discard the furnitures, we saw some people pushing our old furnitures back to their home.. Those which are old to us.. may actually be new to them, that makes us a little guilty. But on the other hand, doesn't this also reflect alot about our society and how we look at things? *some points to ponder*

I am finally able to place the magnets up and giving them some exposure, but this didnt last long. The magnets fell on my face last night. So sad! Tonight I have to find a new way to keep these magnets and see how to put them in place securely.. I dont want to wake up at 4am again in the midnight.... =.=
 
Sneak preview of my room